For the Sweet Potatoes
3 sweet potatoes skins removed, sliced then cut into fries
2 1/2 Tbsp . olive oil
1/4 tsp . chipotle powder
1/2 tsp . smoked paprika
3 tsp . potato starch
For the Avocado Sauce
1 lime juiced
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice a chunk off of the sides of each sweet potato to make a flat surface to cut from. This will keep the sweet potato still while you are slicing into it.
- Slice 1/2 slices width-wise. Cut them into fries from there. Don’t slice them to small because they will shrink in the oven.
- Mix the spices and potato starch together.
- Coat in olive oil, then the spices and potato starch mixture. Don’t salt until they come out of the oven. Salt will extract moisture and will make them soggy.
- Place a cooling rack in a sheet pan and cover with parchment paper. Top with the sweet potatoes, but don’t overcrowd the pan! It’s better to use two pans if your sheet pan isn’t big enough.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they are cooked and the edges have darkened. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- While the fries are baking, make the sauce by adding all the avocado, cilantro, coconut milk, lime, and salt to a food processor and puree.
- Serve with the fries!