3 large avocados, diced
½ cup zesty sun dried tomatoes, I used the dried kind (not jarred in oil) to avoid added moisture
¼ cup chopped cilantro
½ teaspoon salt
9 egg roll wraps
1 egg slightly beaten
oil for frying
2 teaspoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
½ cup honey
1 pinch powdered saffron
½ cup chopped cashews
⅔ cup fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
¼ cup olive oil
DIRECTIONS FOR EGG ROLLS:
- Pour enough oil into a deep sauce pan so that it is about 2 inches deep. Heat oil on medium heat for about 7 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine avocado, tomatoes, cilantro and salt. Add about ¼ to ⅓ cup of avocado mixture onto the center of each egg roll wrapper. Make sure the corner of the wrapper is facing you. Fold the bottom corner up over the top of the filling. Fold the remaining corners over the filling and brush the corners with the egg to seal the egg roll. Make sure you cannot see any avocado mixture.
- Fry in oil for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown flipping to evenly cook on each side.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
DIRECTIONS FOR DIPPING SAUCE:
- In a microwavable-safe bowl combine both vinegars, honey, and saffron.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- In a blender, puree honey mixture, cashews, cilantro garlic, onions, sugar, pepper and cumin.
- Pour into a small dish and stir in olive oil.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Original Recipes visit: Avocado Egg Rolls @ chef-in-training.com