butter, for greasing the pan
2 pounds russet potatoes
¼ cup olive oil (preferably extra-virgin but it doesn’t have to be), divided
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed between fingertips
4 minced cloves garlic
salt and pepper
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
red pepper flakes, optional
fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Generously butter an 8×10-inch casserole dish.
- Peel and cut the potatoes in half lengthwise then lay each half flat and slice lengthwise into ½-inch wide half moons.
- Place the potatoes in a big mixing bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Toss with the seasoning, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper and half the Parmesan (plus a few pinches of red pepper flakes if you like).
- Pour into the casserole dish and scoop out any spices or garlic left in the bowl.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of Parmesan over the top and drizzle with a tablespoon of oil.
- Bake 30 minutes then remove from the oven and toss well. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan on top and drizzle with the remaining oil.
- Bake 25 more minutes. Toss well and season to taste with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Place them in a serving dish and pour any remaining oil at the bottom of the pan over them and garnish with a little fresh parsley.
Original Recipes visit: ITALIAN ROASTED GARLIC & PARMESAN POTATOES @ cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com