1/2 cup rice
1 cup water
1/2 tsp oil (coconut, olive, avocado)
1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
1 (5 oz) package of fresh spinach
1/2 tsp dried basil (or try fresh!)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, plus extra for topping
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 bell peppers
fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
- Cook rice in water until fluffy via your favorite method: stovetop, rice cooker, or pressure cooker.
- Depending on method chosen this will take 10 (pressure cooker) to 20 (rice cooker + stovetop) minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet with oil and sauté garlic and spinach until tender and fragrant.
- Season with basil, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add cheese, saving a little extra for topping if desired.
- Stir in your rice and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Slice your peppers in half, removing the veins, stems, and seeds.
- Stuff liberally with cheesy spinach and rice filling.
- Top with extra cheese (YES!) and red pepper flakes (spiiiiicy!) if desired.
- Bake on a foil-lined baking sheet until hot and melty! You’ll bake them less for more crisp, al-dente peppers and a bit longer for super-soft tender peppers – the choice is yours! I baked mine around 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and any extras you’d like and dig in!
Original Recipes visit: Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Peppers @ peasandcrayons.com