2 large sweet potatoes*
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup packed baby spinach, finely chopped
salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook your sweet potatoes. You can bake them in the oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes-1 hour (my preference) or microwave them for about 10 minutes. (Poke holes first if microwaving. Not necessary if baking.)
- Slice the cooked sweet potatoes in half and scoop out most of the flesh, leaving a small rim of flesh around the skin. (see photos) Reserve the flesh for another use.
- Season the sweet potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Add the small cubes of butter to each half and then top with the chopped spinach. Season with salt and pepper again.
- Carefully break one egg into each sweet potato half.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the eggs are cooked to your liking, about 15 minutes. (Longer if you want the yolk cooked hard.)
- Season one last time with salt and pepper and serve.
*Make sure you get large sweet potatoes, or the egg won’t fit inside.
Original recipe and nutrition information visit: Baked Eggs and Spinach in Sweet Potato Boats @ happyhealthymama.com