2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and sliced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 Tablespoons vegan buttery spread
4 gluten free tortillas
Daiya Jalapeno Havarti cheese block sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the sweet potatoes, olive oil, cumin and sea salt in a glass baking dish. Roast the sweet potatoes for about 40 minutes, until they are tender and lightly caramelized on the edges.
- Once the potatoes are done, heat a half tablespoon of vegan buttery spread in a skillet over medium heat. Place one tortilla in the pan, and spread refried beans over half of it.
- Layer the roasted sweet potatoes on top.* Place two pieces of the Jalapeno Havarti Daiya Cheese on top. Fold the tortilla over and press flat with a spatula.
- Cook until the tortilla is golden brown on one side, then filp over. Cook until golden brown on the other side and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Slice quesadillas and serve with avocado.
- *Depending on the size of your sweet potatoes, you may have some left over. They are delicious to enjoy on the side.
Original Recipes visit: Roasted Sweet Potato and Bean Quesadillas @ theprettybee.com