White BBQ Sauce:
½ cup mayo
2 Tbsp white vinegar
½ Tbsp fresh cracked white pepper
½ Tbsp Creole mustard
½ tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
2 large garlic cloves
2 tsp horseradish
1 Tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp paprika
6-8 chicken tenders
2 Tbsp vegetable oil (for cooking)
Salt and pepper
2 large shallots, sliced
1½ cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
2 French bread subs
About ½ cup white BBQ sauce (more for dipping or drizzling)
- Mix all ingredients for the white BBQ sauce and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook chicken tenders in a saute pan with some salt and pepper, until done. Add shallots about half way through cooking the chicken.
- Let chicken tenders cool until it can be handled. Chop chicken and place it in a mixing bowl.
- Add cooked onions, cheese and white BBQ sauce to the chicken. Mix well.
- Slice bread in the middle to stuff it. (Don’t cut all the way through.)
- Divide chicken mixture between the subs.
- Sprinkle some more cheese over the top.
- Place subs on a baking sheet and pop them under a broiler until cheese is melted. (Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.)
- You can drizzle a little more white BBQ on top and serve right away.
Original recipe and notes of recipe visit: White BBQ Chicken Subs @ willcookforsmiles.com