Double Peppermint Cupcakes
Double Peppermint Cupcakes – Get into the holiday spirit with these festive double peppermint cupcakes. Peppermint exact and peppermint creamer are used both in the cupcake batter and frosting for a double peppermint dose!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Yield: 15 cupcakes 1x
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup International Delight peppermint coffee creamer
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1–2 drops peppermint extract
- 2–4 tablespoons International Delight peppermint coffee creamer
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line 14-15 cupcake cups with paper cups. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the butter and granulated sugar. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the peppermint extract and the 2 eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Alternately, stir in the flour and baking powder with the peppermint creamer. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking cups and bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting them.
- When the cupcakes are cooled, make the frosting.
- In a mixing bowl add the butter. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and fluffy about 3-5minutes. Stir in few drops of peppermint extract and 2 tablespoons for peppermint creamer.
- Gently beat in the powder sugar, a little at a time.
- When all the sugar is added, increase the mixer’s speed to medium-high and beat for 2-3 more minutes.
- If you think your frosting is too thick, add a few more teaspoons of peppermint creamer until you reach desired consistency.
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a frosting tip (I used 1M) and frost the cooled cupcakes.
Keywords: cupcakes, peppermint, desserts, christmas