1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup honey
Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup salted cashew halves & pieces
1 1/2 pounds diced or shredded chicken (about 4 cups)
2 cups diced apples (such as Honeycrisps)
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper until thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use, for up to two days.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread out cashew pieces on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown, watching carefully. Allow to cool.
- To the bowl of dressing, add diced chicken, toasted cashews, and diced apples. Refrigerate for at least an hour to chill and allow the flavors to blend.
- You may substitute regular plain yogurt for the Greek yogurt, but it may make your dressing slightly thinner. You may also use all mayonnaise and no yogurt if you prefer.
- You may cook chicken using your favorite method (or use rotisserie chicken or leftover cooked chicken). Seasoned chicken (using at least salt & pepper) will give your chicken salad more flavor. You may dice it or shred it depending on your preferred chicken salad texture.
Original Recipes visit: Chicken Salad with Apples & Cashews @ fivehearthome.com