3 jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
6 slices white bread
butter, room temperature
cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
3 tablespoon tortilla chips, crumbled
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down.
- Place the baking sheet on the top shelf in the oven and broil until the outer layer of the skin has blackened, about 10 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag and seal and let them cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove the skins from the peppers by “pinching” them off.
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread and spread the cream cheese on the inside. Top with two jalapenos and then sprinkle on cheese. Add on crumbled tortilla chips and then the to other slice of bread.
- Cook in a non-stick pan on the stove at medium heat until outside is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich @ simplystacie.net