1/4 C cocoa
1/2 C sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 C water
2 C Whole milk
1 C cream
1 1/2 tsp vanilla (or 1 tsp vanilla and 1/2 peppermint or other extract)
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Add the water, whisk and cook over medium high heat until it boils.
- Let it boil for 1 min then add the milk, cream and vanilla and stir well.
- Pour into a glass container and refrigerate until cool
- Stir it well again and pour it into the ice cream maker and turn it on.
- Leave it until it’s the right consistency (about 30 mins I’ve found)
- Top with whipped cream and serve!
Original recipe visit: Frozen Hot Chocolate @ ashleemarie.com