The Ultimate Ice Cream Chocolate Cupcakes are made with moist chocolate cupcakes stuffed with ice cream and topped with whipped cream, chocolate and sprinkles! Such a great summer treat with so many flavor possibilities!
Recipe by: lifeloveandsugar.com
Ultimate Ice Cream Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
Yield: 12-14 cupcakes
3/4 cup (98g) all-purpose flour
6 tbsp (43g) natural unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup (56g) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cups (155g) sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp (150ml) milk
FILLING AND WHIPPED CREAM
Ice Cream (your choice of flavor), softened
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
3/4 cup (86g) powdered sugar
1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Pink gel icing color, optional
12 oz semi sweet chocolate (finely chopped)
3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C) and prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- To make the cupcakes, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Add the butter, oil, sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl and beat together until light in color and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Do not skimp on the creaming time.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until mostly combined after each. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until mostly combined.
- Slowly add the milk and mix until well combined. READ MORE