1 1/2 cups uncooked long grained rice, rinsed and drained
1 20 oz. can, crushed pineapple chunks in pineapple juice NOT syrup
1 13.5 oz. can unsweetened coconut milk (I like Chaokoh)
3 tablespoons sweetened coconut flakes
1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons lime juice more or less to taste
1/2 cup salted roasted cashews
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
freshly cracked salt and pepper to taste
- Drain pineapple juice from crushed pineapple in a measuring cup. Add coconut milk to equal 3 cups liquid, adding water if necessary.
- Add liquid to a large pan and bring to a gentle simmer then stir in all remaining ingredients EXCEPT Garnishes. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to low (dial should be a little above lowest setting). Simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring at 15 minutes, adding water if necessary.
- When rice is tender, remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes, covered.
- When ready to serve (not before), stir in lime juice, cilantro and cashews.
- Taste and season with freshly cracked salt and pepper and additional lime juice to taste if desired.
Original Recipes visit: Pineapple Coconut Cashew Rice @ carlsbadcravings.com