2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 extra-large egg lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups whole milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
For the double glaze: Note: if you plan to do just one layer of half the recipe
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2-3 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease 3 (6 section) doughnut pans well.
- Into a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, melted butter, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the baking pans, filling each one a little more than three-quarters full.
- Bake for about 17 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then tap the doughnuts out onto a sheet pan.
- Place baking paper under wire racks to catch the excess glaze.
- As each batch is finished baking, coat the hot donuts in glaze on both sides by dunking each side quickly. Set them on a wire rack to let the excess drip off onto the baking paper underneath.
- Once you reach the end, re-dip for a second time.
Original Recipes visit: Easy Baked Glazed Chocolate Doughnuts @ errenskitchen.com