For the frikadeller (meat patties)
1/2 lb or 225 g ground pork
1/2 lb or 225 g ground beef
1/2 cup or 70 g grated onion
3 Tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups or 350 ml half-and-half milk
1 egg well beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup or 75 g butter
For the Sauce:
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups or 350 ml low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1/2 cup or 120 ml heavy cream
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Salt and ground black pepper
For the Patties
- Combine pork and beef in stand mixer bowl, add onion. Using paddle attachment, stir in flour and beat thoroughly. Stir in milk 2 tablespoons at a time, keeping mixer at stir speed to aerate mixture. You can do this by hand but it will take a little longer.
- Combine egg, salt and pepper together and add to meat mixture. Speed 2 until fluffy. Pour into smaller container and refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Melt butter in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Using a spoon, drop meat mixture directly into skillet. Do not crowd. Fry patties for 3 minutes per side. Keep warm while making sauce.
For the Sauce:
- Discard oil in pan and wipe clean with paper towel. Return pan to medium-high heat and add butter.
- When foaming subsides, add flour and cook, whisking constantly, until flour is light brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in broth. Add brown sugar and bring to simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until sauce is reduced to about 1 cup, about 5 minutes. Stir in cream and return to simmer.
- Add patties to sauce and simmer, turning occasionally, until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, and serve over egg noodles.
Original Recipes visit: Frikadeller Meat Patties with Sauce @ lovefoodies.com