1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 1 sleeve of graham crackers)
6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
8 oz (one package) cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy cream
MELTED PEANUT BUTTER FOR DRIZZLING ON TOP IF DESIRED
- Blend the chocolate graham crackers in a blender or food processor until they are crumbs.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix well.
- In a lined or unlined 8 or 9 inch square baking pan, press the crumbs firmly into the pan.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract and beat using an electric mixer until well combined.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add the heavy cream mixture to the peanut butter mixture and beat on low to incorporate.
- Spread the peanut butter filling evenly on top of the crust.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 5 hours.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium heat-proof bowl.
- In a small pot over low heat, heat the heavy cream until just before boiling.
- Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Use a spatula to stir the mixture until smooth.
- Allow the ganache to come to room temperature before adding it to the bars.
- Cover in plastic wrap and return the bars to the fridge or freeze until the ganache is set.
- Cut into squares, garnish with melted peanut butter if desired. Serve chilled from the fridge or frozen from the freezer.
Original Recipes visit: No Bake Buckeye Bars @ thefirstyearblog.com