2 ripe pears, cored and sliced
3-4 ounce package prosciutto
2 ounce wedge of blue cheese or gorgonzola, cut into rectangular slices to place against the pear slices
- Cut the slices of prosciutto in half lengthwise.
- Place a piece of the blue cheese against the flat sliced side of the pear.
- Wrap one of the strips of prosciutto around the pear and blue cheese and place a toothpick or appetizer skewer through the center of it.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you don’t plan to serve immediately, rub the pears with a little bit of fresh lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.
- This appetizer is best eaten the day it is made.
Original Recipes visit: Prosciutto Wrapped Pears with Blue Cheese @ reciperunner.com