2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup barbecue sauce
2 red bell peppers, diced
1 fresh pineapple, diced
¼ cup diced red onion
1 pound zucchini noodles OR 1 bundle fresh asparagus
8 glass or plastic containers with lids
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Grease skillet with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add barbecue sauce and diced bell pepper to skillet and continue to stir until bell pepper is crisp-tender and everything is heated through. Remove skillet from heat.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly among 8 containers. Divide the fresh pineapple, red onion evenly among the containers as well.
- If using fresh zucchini noodles add them to containers raw. When you reheat the bowls the zoodles will cook with the rest of the meal.
- (If using asparagus, season with olive oil, salt and pepper then bake in a preheated 350 F. degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before adding to bowls.)
- Seal each container with lids and place in the fridge. When ready to eat- remove lid and heat in microwave for 40 seconds or until heated through. Enjoy!
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 meal prep bowls depending how much you fill each bowl.
- They stay good sealed tightly and refrigerated up to 4 days.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Hawaiian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls @ life-in-the-lofthouse.com