1 lb brussels sprouts, halved
1 batch of spiralized butternut squash noodles (I used this method from my girl Ali)
1 can chickpeas
1 tablespoons harissa paste
1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
2 cups cooked quinoa
2 tablespoons tahini
2 teaspoons miso paste
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 small garlic clove, pressed or grated
Pinch of turmeric + ginger
Water to thin
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the brussels sprouts in some oil, salt + pepper (optional) and transfer to a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until browned and soft.
- Once the brussels are in the oven, prepare the butternut squash. I used this method for peeling and spirazling (I had a medium butternut squash for these 4 bowls). When the brussels have about 5 minutes left, add the squash noodles to the pan and roast until tender. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Add chickpeas, harissa and water to a skillet. Cook until chickpeas are warm and starting to get a little crispy, about 5 – 7 minutes. Remove and assemble the bowls.
- Evenly divide ingredients among four bowls, arranging quinoa, chickpeas, squash noodles, brussels sprouts and pomegranate however you’d like (I do mine in a circle).
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over bowls. Then dig in!