12 oz frozen tricolor pepper and onion blend
Skirt steak (around .75 lb)
½ tsp oregano
1 tsp chili powder
1 garlic clove
1 bunch cilantro
6 flour tortillas
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat and add oil to pan.
- Heat a second smaller pan over low heat. Wrap 6 flour tortillas in aluminum foil and add to pan to allow them to heat through and soften.
- While cast iron skillet is heating, slice skirt steak thinly across the grain. Season slices with ¼ tsp salt, ½ tsp oregano, and 1 tsp chili powder. Set aside.
- Add frozen peppers and onions to hot skillet and saute until browned and cooked through (and water mostly evaporated). This will take 5-7 minutes. Remove peppers and onions from pan and set aside.
- Let skillet come back to high heat and add skirt steak, searing the slices and allowing them to cook through. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor combine avocado, garlic, a large handful of cilantro, and the juice of 1½ limes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and blend until completely smooth.
- Once steak has cooked through, add peppers and onions back to pan. Squeeze in the juice of the remaining ½ lime.
- Divide steak and peppers evenly between the 6 tortillas. Top with avocado sauce. Enjoy!
This recipe is written for two servings, but you can scale it up easily. You’ll have plenty of avocado and lime sauce if you simply double the steak fajitas, but anymore than that and you’ll want to increase the sauce too.
Original recipe visit: 20 Minute Steak Fajitas with Avocado + Lime @ jessicanwood.com