12 salted caramels, see post for more information
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
4 large eggs, at room temperature
4 tablespoons whole milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups milk chocolate chips
2 teaspoons flaky sea salt
- Unwrap the caramels, roll each one into a ball, and place them on a freezer-safe plate. Place the plate in the freezer for 10 minutes. In the meantime, prep your cookie dough.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, lightly spray them with non-stick spray, and set aside.
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter in a small, microwave safe bowl. Heat them in the microwave for for 15 second increments of time, mixing in between each, until butter and chocolate are completely melted and can easily be whisked smooth. Set aside. *You may also do this process on the stove top if you don’t own a microwave.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl whisk together the sugars, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir to combine – be sure not to over mix here!
- Fold in the chocolate/ butter mixture and the milk chocolate chips into the batter, stirring until everything is just combined.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon-sized potions of batter onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving an inch in-between each cookie for inevitable spreading. Press a caramel in the center of each cookie, then top with an additional tablespoon of dough. Lightly press the edges together using your fingers.
- Place pans in the oven – one at a time – reduce heat to 300 degrees, and bake for 18-20 minutes. Sprinkle the top of each cookie with a pinch of flaky sea salt. Allow cookies to completely cool on the baking sheet before serving.
Original recipe and Nutrition Facts visit: Soft Batch Salted Caramel Chocolate Fudge Cookies @ bakerbynature.com