8 large carrots (about 850 grams)
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
fresh cilantro, optional
Curry Dipping Sauce
½ cup raw cashews, soaked
1½ tablespoons red curry paste
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
2 tablespoons lime juice
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon ginger
¼ cup water
- Soak cashews the night before. Place in a small bowl and cover with water. Set aside. If you forget to soak them, add them to hot water while the carrots cook.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut carrots in matchsticks. Place in a large bowl and mix with avocado oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place on two parchment lined baking sheets, spreading out evenly. Make sure they are not too close together.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stir/rotate, and bake for another 15 minutes.
- While the carrot fries bake, make the sauce. Place all ingredients into a Vitamix or high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Once carrots are done sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
Original recipe and Nutrition Facts visit: Healthy Carrot Fries with Curry Dipping Sauce @ eatthegains.com