1 medium size spaghetti squash (about 2 1/2 cups squash noodles
1 xl egg or 2 smaller sized eggs beaten
2/3 cup tomato sauce * try to get one without added sugars
½ tsp garlic powder
1 ½ tsp Italian seasonings
¼ tsp oregano
Pinch sea salt
24 slices pepperoni * I like uncured nitrate free brands
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
½ tbsp chopped basil fresh or lightly dried
- Preheat oven to 400 F (204 C), and line or oil a baking sheet.
- Using a skewer or knife, poke holes all over the spaghetti squash. Place on baking sheet and bake for an hour, turning over halfway through.
- Remove squash from oven and cool until cool to touch. Leave oven on 400F (204 C).
- Grease or oil 2 muffin pans.
- While squash is cooling, Combine in a medium size mixing bowl: tomato sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, and oregano. Mix together.
- Once squash is cool, slice in half and using a fork scrape noodles into a large bowl.
- Add the beaten egg or eggs to the squash noodles and stir together.
- Place squash noodle mixture into muffin cups and make a well in the center of each with a spoon.
- Add tomato sauce mixture to each well.
- Add a pepperoni slice to each well, and sprinkle each with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil, and bake at 400 F (204 C) for 25 minutes or until set.
Original recipe and Nutrition Facts visit: Spaghetti Squash Pizza Nests @ beautyandthefoodie.com