2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp Butter
1 cup chicken broth
¾ Cup Heavy Cream
¼ cup capers
Hot cooked pasta or mashed potatoes for serving
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally (“butterfly” cutting them) so that you’re left with 4 thin chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl with 1 tablespoon of water. Add the flour to another shallow bowl, and the breadcrumbs to a third shallow bowl.
- Coat the chicken on both sides in the flour, then egg wash, and then breadcrumbs.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Set aside onto a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add chicken broth, cream, juice from both lemons, and capers. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Allow the sauce to cook and bubble for about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve the chicken over mashed potatoes or hot cooked pasta and spoon the sauce on top.
- Serve with Roasted Vegetables, or steamed broccoli or green beans.
Original recipe visit: Lemon Chicken Piccata @ tastesbetterfromscratch.com