2 sweet potatoes (800g) peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus extra for drizzling
2 tbsp thyme leaves
2 cups (approx 330g) cooked quinoa*
2 tbsp linseeds (flaxseeds)
180 g feta cubed plus 40g for sprinkling on top
30 g finely grated parmesan
½ tsp cracked pepper
2 eggs beaten
1 cup / 275g yoghurt
25 g pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 200C fan / 180C / 400F.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin, or line with non stick paper or cases.
- Place the sweet potato, oil and thyme leaves on a baking tray lined with paper and toss to combine.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly, transfer to a large bowl and add the quinoa, linseeds, feta, parmesan and pepper.
- Mix beaten eggs and yoghurt together and then stir through the quinoa and sweet potato mixture until just combined.
- Spoon into the prepared tins, top with the extra 40g feta and pumpkin seeds and drizzle with olive oil. **
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden.
*You will need to cook approx 1/3 cup of quinoa to finish with 2 cups of cooked quinoa. Any extra can be sprinkled on top with the pumpkin seeds for more crunch
**These bakes don’t rise so fill the muffin cases up to the top.
Original recipe visit: Quinoa, Sweet Potato & Feta Bakes (gluten free) @ plusatesix.com