Yield: 16 brownies
2/3 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (I use dairy free chocolate chips)
5 Tbsp coconut oil (can sub butter, avocado oil, vegan butter, ghee)
2/3 cup coconut sugar (can sub white, brown, or maple sugar)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup blanched almond flour
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda (if paleo) or baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
TO MIX IN:
2/3 cup additional chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (can sub nuts)
OPTIONAL: COARSE SEA SALT TO SPRINKLE ON TOP
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a small saucepan, gently melt chocolate and oil over low heat until smooth and glossy. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs until slightly lighter in color and until they pass the ribbon test (when you lift the whisk the mixture should stream down evenly in “ribbons”). Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients–almond flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Visit The PERFECT Gluten Free & Paleo Brownies @ onelovelylife.com for full isntructions.