Make this easy Chicken Parmesan Casserole with homemade crispy chicken, frozen chicken tenders, or with leftover rotisserie chicken! Add in some pasta and lots of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese!
Recipe by: thecozycook.com
Sercings : 5
¾ pound rigatoni pasta
32 oz. marinara sauce
3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded & separated
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
¾ cup flour
2 teaspoons seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 ½ cups Italian breadcrumbs
¾ cup vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons butter
Fresh Parsley, to garnish
- Tip: Bread the chicken while you wait for your pasta water the boil and for the pasta to cook.
- Prepare the Pasta
- Boil water and cook the rigatoni for 1 minute less than al dente- (Refer to package for cooking time).
- When the pasta is ready, drain it add it back to the pot. Toss with 32 oz. of sauce, 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese, and 1 cup of the mozzarella. Set aside.
- Prepare the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and cut into strips about ½ inch thick.
- Create an assembly line for breading the chicken:
- Bowl #1: 3/4 cup flour + 2 tsp seasoned salt + 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Bowl #2: 2 whisked eggs.
- Bowl #3: 1.5 cups breadcrumbs
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, then briefly in the whisked eggs, then smother them in the breadcrumb mixture until completely covered. Use your palms to gently flatten the chicken a little bit more once it’s coated in the breadcrumbs. READ MORE