2 c all purpose flour
1 c sugar
12 T baking cocoa divided
4 t baking powder
1 t salt
1 c milk
4 T oil
2 t vanilla extract
2 10 oz bag peanut butter chips
1 1/2 c packed brown sugar
3 c hot water
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray
- Combine flour, sugar, 4 T cocoa, baking powder and salt
- Add milk, oil and vanilla and stir
- Gently stir in one bag of peanut butter chips
- Place in your crock pot and spread evenly
- Combine brown sugar and 8 T cocoa in separate bowl
- Stir in hot water
- Pour mixture evenly over batter (do NOT stir)
- Pour your second bag of peanut butter chips evenly across the top
- Cover and cook on high for 1½ – 2 hours, until cake passes toothpick test
- Turn off crock pot and remove lid
- Let cake stand for 30-40 minutes
- Serve cake and spoon chocolate lava from bottom of crock pot over cake
- If you look at the Crock Pot Chocolate Lava Cake, you will notice that the measurements are doubled here. I am feeding an army at our “small” group, so I knew that I needed to double it. If you are not feeding an army, you can cut this recipe in half and use a 3-quart crock pot.
- I used my Casserole Crock Pot for this. I love the 9×13 pan for crock pot cakes and casseroles. It just works perfectly. If you don’t’ have one, I would use a 6-quart slow cooker for this recipe.
- I used Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips in mine. I don’t usually use name brand ingredients, but they were on sale and cheap. They worked great! You can try it out with your favorite peanut butter chips if you don’t have/want to buy Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Original Recipes visit: Crock Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cake @ recipesthatcrock.com