25 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
8 ounces (about 30) caramel squares, unwrapped
1 cup + 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
1/4-1/2 teaspoon kosher Salt
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (see note)
2 cups dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
Sea Salt (coarse) for finishing
- Spray bottom and sides of a 9” springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. You can also use a 9” tart pan (with removable bottom) or a 9” pie plate.
- Stir Oreo crumbs and melted butter with a fork, then press into the bottom and 1” up the sides of the pan. (If using a tart pan or pie plate, press the crumbs all the way up the sides.) Chill until ready to fill.
- Place caramels and 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream in a medium bowl. Heat on high power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the mixture is smooth. Stir in salt to taste, then pecans, then spread evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Place chocolate chips and remaining 1 cup heavy whipping cream in a large bowl. Heat on high power for about 1 minute 15 seconds, then whisk until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Spread evenly on top of the caramel layer.
- Sprinkle the top with coarse sea salt and chill until set, about 2 hours. Store in refrigerator. Let sit on the counter for 10 minutes before serving. If you’re using a springform pan or tart pan with removable base, remove the base from the sides while the pie is cold.
To toast pecans:
- Stovetop – place pecans in a single layer in a skillet and heat over medium heat, stirring almost constantly, for just a few minutes.
- Oven – place pecans in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake, stirring often, at 350°F for just a few minutes. Don’t walk away – once you smell them they’re done.
Original Recipes visit: Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Pie @ crazyforcrust.com