1 pound lean ground turkey
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs or gluten-free breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons fresh minced rosemary
Zest of a lemon
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
White Wine Sauce
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped shallots (1-2 shallots)
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon fresh minced rosemary
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- In a large bowl whisk together the parmesan cheese, panko, egg, rosemary, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Once combined add in the ground turkey and combine everything with your hands being careful not to overwork the mixture.
- Form the meat mixture into approximately tablespoon sized meatballs, I got 20 meatballs out of mine.
- Heat a cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, spray generously with cooking spray or add a tablespoon of oil.
- Add the meatballs to the hot skillet and brown on all sides until nearly cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs from the skillet onto a plate and cover them loosely with foil so they stay warm.
White Wine Sauce
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the 2 teaspoons of oil to the skillet, swirling to coat the bottom.
- Add in the shallots and cook for a minute then add in the minced garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
- Pour in the white wine and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook for about 2 minutes then add in the chicken broth.
- Cook the sauce until it has thickened slightly, about 4-5 minutes, then add in the rosemary.
- Place the meatballs back into the skillet and cook for another couple minutes, spooning the sauce over the meatballs as they finish cooking.
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 of a lemon over the meatballs then serve immediately.
Original Recipes visit: Skillet Lemon Rosemary Turkey Meatballs @ reciperunner.com