Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes
Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes – These cupcakes are strawberry with a hint of zippy lime, and the frosting is probably the best ever.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 24 1x
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (3 oz) package strawberry Jell-O
- 10 oz package frozen SWEETENED strawberries, thawed and pureed (DIVIDED into 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen margarita concentrate
- 1/4 cup of the strawberry puree
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 3 TBS thawed frozen margarita concentrate
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Margarita salt for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine cake mix, Jell-O, vegetable oil, eggs, 1/2 cup of the pureed strawberries, and the 1/2 cup of margarita concentrate. Mix on low for one minute. Scrape sides of bowl and beat on medium speed for two more minutes. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for about 15 minutes or until tops spring back lightly when touched. Remove to cooling racks and allow to cool completely.
- Prepare frosting: In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter and strawberry puree on low speed until smooth. With the mixer on low, slowly add powdered sugar and mix until just combined. Add margarita concentrate and beat on medium high for a minute, until smooth, light, and fluffy. Frost cupcakes and garnish with a sprinkle of salt.
Keywords: cupcakes, dessert recipes, strawberry cupcakes