The BEST Chicken, Guacamole and Bean Tostadas – These Tostadas with Chicken Beans and Guacamole are perfect for an easy weeknight dinner! These are piled high with layer after layer of deliciousness and you’ll be savoring every bite. It’s one of those tasty recipes the whole family can agree on!
- 6 tostada shells , store-bought or homemade*
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16 oz) can Rosarita Traditional Refried Beans
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies Mild, drained
- 3/4 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cups shredded iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken or shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup pico de gallo, homemade or store-bought**
- 6 Tbsp Sour cream
Using a fork mash avocado with lime juice and 1/8 tsp garlic powder to a slightly chunky texture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a small saucepan mix together refried beans, drained canned tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and remaining 1/8 tsp garlic powder.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until heated through.
To assemble tostadas, layer each tostada shell with guacamole (avocado mixture), bean mixture, lettuce, chicken, cheese, pico de gallo and sour cream. Serve immediately.
- The store-bought tostada shells can usually be found by the tortillas. If making the tostada shells yourself preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush both sides of 6 yellow corn tortillas lightly with olive or vegetable oil (about 1 Tbsp total). Season lightly with salt then bake on a rimmed baking sheet about 4 – 5 mins per side until crisp.
- For homemade pico de gallo – in a medium bowl toss together 2 diced roma tomatoes, 3 Tbsp diced yellow onion, 2 Tbsp minced cilantro and 2 tsp lime juice. Season lightly with salt and pepper.