1 C sugar
2 Lrg eggs
2 Lrg egg yolks
2/3 C cocoa
1/3 C dark cocoa
1 1/2 C whole milk
1 1/2 C cream
1/2 Tbsp vanilla
- In a food processor blend the sugar, eggs, yolks, and cocoa’s until it’s smooth (if you don’t have one you can use the blender or a hand mixer, but the food processor will be the smoothest/easiest)
- In a sauce pan bring the milk to a simmer
- While the food processor is running slowly pour the milk into the mixture.
- Pour the entire mixture back into the sauce pan and cook over low heat, STIRRING CONSTANTLY, until it thickens slightly (don’t let it boil)
- Allow it to cool slightly then strain the custard into a bowl.
- Add the cream and the vanilla
- Stir well and refrigerate overnight (or 4-6 hours).
- Stir it well then run it through your ice cream machine according to the directions, about 30 mins
- Serve immediately for soft ice cream and freeze a few hours for firmer ice cream.
Original Recipes visit: Basic Chocolate Ice Cream @ ashleemarie.com