2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
6 slices American cheese
2 large heads iceburg or romaine lettuce, rinsed then dried
2 tomatoes, sliced thin
small red onion, sliced thin
1/4 cup light mayo
3 Tablespoons ketchup
1 Tablespoon dill pickle relish
dash of salt and pepper
- Heat a grill or skillet on medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, seasoned salt, pepper and oregano.
- Divide mixture into 6 sections then roll each into a ball. Press each ball down flat to form a patty.
- Place patties on grill/pan and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. (If using a skillet, only cook 3 at a time to avoid over-crowding.)
- Place a slice of cheese on each cooked burger. Place each burger on a large piece of lettuce. Top with spread (see recipe below), one slice tomato, red onion and whatever else you like. Wrap the lettuce up over the top and serve. Enjoy!
- Spread: In a small bowl mix together all the spread ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Original Recipes visit: Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps @ life-in-the-lofthouse.com