8 frozen buttermilk biscuits, thawed or homemade buttermilk biscuits
1 [21 oz] can premium apple pie filling
1 stick [1/2 cup] butter, melted
½ cup light brown sugar
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
⅛ tsp nutmeg
¼ cup walnut or pecan pieces [optional]
Glaze: [double if desired]
½ cup powdered sugar
2-3 Tbsp cream or half & half or 1-2 tsp whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Melt the butter, and brush on all sides of a 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended.
- Dip each biscuit in the butter, and sprinkle all sides with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Arrange side by side in the skillet.
- Cut the apples in the pie filling into smaller pieces, and mix in 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla. Arrange over the biscuits.
- Pour the remaining butter over all and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden and puffy.
- Mix together the ingredients for the glaze. Drizzle on top.
- Serve hot.
Original Recipes visit: Skillet Apple Pie Biscuits @ melissassouthernstylekitchen.com