8 oz of uncooked jumbo shells (approximately 20 jumbo shells)
1¾ cup of ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup marinara sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil water and cook shells according to directions on package. Drain the shells, spray them with cooking spray (to prevent sticking) and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, egg, Italian seasoning and 1 cup of mozzarella until combined well.
- Fill each shell with a tablespoon of the ricotta mixture.
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish. Fill the casserole dish with the stuffed shells. You can fit four rows of five shells.
- Pour 1 cup of marinara sauce over the stuffed shells.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of shredded mozzarella over the sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
Original Recipes visit: Stuffed Shells Recipe @ messforless.net