1 lb ground Italian Sausage
20 oz package of fresh cheese Tortellini
3 cups spaghetti sauce (1 24-ounce jar) + 1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1 1/2 cups freshly shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
Fresh chopped parsley or basil for garnish, if desired.
- Heat an oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble in sausage and cook through, until no longer pink. Drain off some of the fat, if necessary.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, water, Italian seasoning water, and tortellini.
- Bring mixture to a boil, turn heat down to low, cover and simmer for about 8 minutes or until tortellini is tender.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle Mozzarella and Parmesan evenly over tortellini. Cover for about 5 minutes until cheeses are melted.
- Alternatively, you could place pan under the broiler in your oven on low for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Original Recipes visit: One Pan Sausage and Tortellini @ yellowblissroad.com