1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese*
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
Zest of 2 lemons
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp honey, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners and lightly spray them with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta, water, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and egg.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour the wet ingredients into the middle then mix together with a wooden spoon. Add the chia seeds then gently fold into batter.
- Evenly divide batter into prepared muffin pan using a large scoop.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then with a pastry brush, gently brush melted honey onto the tops of the muffins.
- Cool completely then enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Original recipe and notes of recipe visit: Honey Lemon Chia Seed Muffins @ tablefortwoblog.com