9 lbs pork butt
1/2 cup salt
2 tbsp Liquid Smoke Sauce We use this!
Water Enough to cover pork!
1.5 tsp Cayenne Pepper We use this!
2 tsp Paprika We use this!
4 tsp black pepper
3 tsp salt
1/4 cup mustard
2 tsp Liquid Smoke Sauce We use this!
- The ingredients used above are for a 9lb pork butt. Cut pork butt in half and brine for 90 minutes or overnight (preferable) in plastic bags in the brine mixture (split).
- Combine all dry ingredients for rub and completely coat the brined pork.
- Combine liquid smoke and mustard and coat seasoned pork thoroughly.
- Place pork on baking sheet with rack (if you have one) and wrap very tightly with parchment paper and aluminum foil. Be sure to coat several times if necessary.
- Place in 325 degree oven for 3 hours.
- Take pork out of oven, unwrap completely and turn the oven up to 375 degrees.
- Place the unwrapped pork back into a 375 degree oven for an additional 90 minutes. Internal temp should be 190 degrees.
- Allow to cool before shredding. Enjoy!
Original recipe, more pictures, and nutrition facts visit: Easy Pulled Pork @ ketoconnect.net