Spider Cupcakes for Halloween Recipe (gluten-free, whole grain, all-purpose flour options) – Easy to make spider cupcakes with a pumpkin cupcake base and cream cheese frosting! With grain-free, gluten-free, whole grain, all-purpose flour options. Can also be made vegan. Perfect for Halloween!
Spider Cupcakes for Halloween Recipe (gluten-free, whole grain, all-purpose flour options)
Yield: 20 cupcakes
2 cups (250 grams) whole wheat flour, whole spelt flour, all-purpose flour or 1 cup (134 grams) 1-to-1 gluten-free baking flour for a GF version
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 large eggs (50 grams each, out of shell), room temperature
2 cups (480 grams) canned pumpkin puree
2 cups (400 grams) brown sugar, raw sugar or coconut sugar
1 cup (240 milliliters) olive oil1 (or another neutral-tasting oil that’s liquid at room temperature like canola oil)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
12 ounces (340 grams) cream cheese, softened2
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (195 grams) powdered sugar
- 20 Oreos (use these for a gluten-free version or these homemade Paleo Oreo Cookies for a grain-free version – see the post for other homemade options)
- 1 cup (170 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 40 candy eyes (use the homemade chocolate eyes in my monster mouth post for a much less processed version)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C). Line two muffin pans with 20 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- In a larger bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin puree, sugar, and oil.
- Add the dry mix to the wet and stir just until combined. Do not over mix! READ MORE
Recipe by: texanerin.com