Perfect soft and chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Loaded with oats and chocolate chips!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon ground, optional
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs room temperature
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups rolled oats
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- If you prefer raisins, feel free to swap out the chocolate chips! You may want to start with 1 cup of raisins though, or if you’re a raisin fiend go for the full 2 cups!
- I use sea salt in all my cookies. It’s a great contrast with the sweetness of the cookie. Feel free to use regular salt if you don’t have sea salt handy.
- Nuts can be added as well, if you like.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars on med-high until pale and fluffy (approx. 3 minutes).
- Add eggs one at a time, fully incorporating after each addition, and beat on high for 1 minute. Add vanilla.
- Visit Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies @ livforcake.com for full instructions.