1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup molasses
3 cups Bob’s Red Mill Organic All-Purpose White Flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp all-spice
1 1/2 tsp ginger
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cup mik
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
2 cups butter, softened
2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese, softened
4-5 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp cinnamon, add more if needed and taste to your liking
1 (11 oz) bag caramel bits
1/2 cup cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 2 9″ round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper, set aside.
- In bowl with electric mixer mix together your butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in your molasses and eggs and keep mixing until smooth.
- In another bowl mix together your flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices.
- Alternate adding your flour mixture and milk into butter mixture in about 3 additions.
- Once everything is blended, distribute evenly in prepared pans and bake for about 30 minutes or until cake springs back and toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pans for about 5 minutes, then run knife around edges of pans and turn cakes out onto wire racks to cool completes.
- Visit Gingerbread Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting and Caramel Drizzle @ tornadoughalli.com for full instructions.