Servings: 24 pieces
2 packs 1/4 ounce packages yeast or 4-½ teaspoon yeast
1/3 cup water 105-115F / 40-46C
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter or shortening 95 grams or 3.5 ounce
5 cups all-purpose flour
Canola oil for frying
½ cup butter melted
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
5-7 tablespoons evaporated milk
- In a standing mixer, combine lukewarm water and yeast. Let it sit until dissolve for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a microwave safe medium bowl, heat milk for about 2 minutes. Remove and let it cool.
- Add, milk, sugar, salt, eggs, shortening or butter and 2 cups of flour to bowl of yeast.
- Mix for 2 minutes at medium speed. Add the remaining 3 cups of flour and continue mixing dough. Scraping down sides.
- Visit Krispy Kreme Doughnut Recipe @ africanbites.com for full instructions.