1 small butternut squash
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
3 – 4 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup goat cheddar (or shredded cheese of choice)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel and seed butternut squash. Chop into 1″ chunks, add to a stock pot, cover with 1″ of water and boil until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and transfer to a blender.
- Add almond milk and dijon mustard into blender and blend on high until silky smoothy and creamy. Add more milk as needed – texture should be thick, but easily pourable.
- Transfer to a bowl and add quinoa and cheese. Stir until combined.
- Spoon mac n’ cheese into ramekins (or baking dish), smooth tops and bake for 20 – 30 minutes, until bubbly.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly and enjoy immediately.
Original Recipes visit: 5-Ingredient Quinoa Mac and Cheese @ simplyquinoa.com