¾ cup almonds, roughly chopped
ALMOND JOY FILLING
½ cup evaporated milk
½ cup sugar
12 large marshmallows
5 ounces coconut
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
- Heat oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Line cookie sheet with foil and spread chopped almonds evenly over the top. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine evaporated milk and sugar. Bring to a boil and stir for 4 minutes. Turn heat to low and add marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat and add coconut. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat combine semi sweet chocolate chips, and milk chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Heat until just melted. Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
- Spray 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray. Pour half of the fudge into the baking dish. Pour the coconut filling over the fudge. Sprinkle the nuts over the coconut mixture. Pour the remaining fudge over the top of the nuts.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
A word of advice for this recipe. The filling can make it difficult to cut into nice squares. Pop this fudge in the freezer for about 15 minutes to let it harden up to make it easier to cut squares. If you notice it still a little bit difficult, just pop it back in for a little bit longer.
Original Recipes visit: Almond Coconut Fudge @ chef-in-training.com