2 tbsp butter
4 McIntosh Apples peeled and chopped
2 carrots chopped
1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tsp finely minced ginger
2 cups chicken or Vegetable broth 500 mL
2 cups apple cider 500 mL
1 Cup Milk
Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
2 cups Kraft Shredded Cheese with a touch of Philly 500 mL, Mexicana Mix
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Saute the apples, carrots, onions, garlic, and ginger for 5 to 7 minutes – until onion begins to soften.
- Add broth and apple cider and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer partially covered for 15 to 20 until vegetables are soft.
- Using a food processor or blender, puree until smooth.
- Return mixture to the saucepan and add the milk, returning to just a boil over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in cheeses until completely melted.
- Add salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Serve with crumbled bacon.