¾ cup sugar
½ cup orange juice
½ cup water
12 oz fresh cranberries, rinsed and picked through
pinch of salt
1 cinnamon stick
1 piece of orange peel (just use a potato peel or paring knife)
- Combine sugar, orange juice, and water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine.
- Add cranberries, salt, cinnamon stick and orange peel.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Continue cooking, for about 10 minutes, or until all or most of the cranberries have popped. I like to leave a handful of berries whole.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Can be made up to 3 days in advance.
Original Recipe visit: Best Ever Cranberry Sauce @ momontimeout.com