These Vanilla Cupcakes are moist, light & fluffy! There are a couple different recipes on my site for Vanilla Cupcakes, but these are my all-time favorite classic vanilla cupcakes!
“These Look Absolutely Delicious!!”
Yield: 12-14 Cupcakes
6 tbsp (84g), unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cups (155g) sugar
6 tbsp (86g) sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 large egg whites, room temperature
1 1/4 cups (163g) all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
6 tbsp (90ml) milk
2 tbsp (30ml) water
1/2 cup (112g) salted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup (95g) shortening
4 cups (460g) powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2–3 tbsp (30-45ml) water or milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light in color and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Do not skimp on the amount of creaming time.
- Add sour cream and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
Add egg whites in two batches, mixing until well combined after each.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then combine the milk and water in a small measuring cup. READ MORE