These blueberry oatmeal crumble bars are bursting with juicy blueberries, and filled with crunchy oatmeal crumble. They can be made with fresh or frozen blueberries, and the oatmeal mixture doubles as the base and crumble topping. Delicious for breakfast or dessert – you’ll love this easy recipe!
For the Base & Crumble Topping
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup old-fashioned oats , or large flake oats (not quick oats or instant oats)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
1 large egg yolk
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
For the Blueberry Layer
2 cup blueberries , fresh or frozen – see baking time adjustment if using frozen
2 tablespoons lemon juice , freshly squeezed (use 1 tablespoon if using frozen berries)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line an 8×8 baking pan with aluminium foil and grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, oatmeal, granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Gently stir in the melted butter & egg yolk.
- Remove 1 cup of the mixture.
- Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Visit Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars @ justsotasty.com for full instructions.