1 pound ground chicken
2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
1 green onion, thinly sliced
14 egg roll wrappers
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoons water
1 quart Vegetable Oil, for frying
- In a large, deep skillet add the quart of oil. Heat oil over medium-low heat until it reaches 375 degrees F.
- In a separate large skillet, over medium-high heat, add ground chicken, fresh garlic and ginger. Crumble and brown chicken until thoroughly cooked. Add the shredded cabbage, carrots and sliced green onion to the chicken and stir to combine. Continue to stir-fry for 5 minutes or until mixture is heated. Turn off heat and remove skillet from burner.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour and water to create a paste. (This paste will help seal the egg rolls before frying)
- Take one egg roll wrapper and lay it on a flat, clean surface, with one corner pointing towards you. Place 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into the center of the wrapper. Take the bottom corner and fold up over the filling. Fold the two side corners over the center and continue to roll up. Brush a little of the flour paste on the top corner to help seal the egg roll. Repeat process until all egg rolls are wrapped.
- Carefully place 2-3 egg rolls at a time into the hot oil. Fry rolls for 2-3 minutes, using tongs to turn them so they evenly cook on all sides. They are done when they are golden brown. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
Original Recipes visit: Chicken Egg Rolls @ life-in-the-lofthouse.com